Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dangerous Peanut Butter Frosting!

The night before on a whim I whipped up some oatmeal raisin cookies.  I had seen enough recipes and baked enough cookies to be able to remember the important proportion of certain ingredients and I could eyeball and taste the texture.  We ate a ton of cookie dough that night.  Only four cookies were baked that night, the remaining dough was sent to the fridge for tomorrow's delight.  So as I am making dinner that night, I also slide the remaining dough onto a baking sheet and voila cookies for dessert.  So I am enjoying my meal, I can't remember what it was as the peanut butter frosting has oblieterated my memory.  Again, no recipe, it is late and I have had some success lately with frosting.  One stick softened butter, about 1/2 - 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy and natural), vanilla, and powdered sugar.  The next night at dinner I thought hmmm, wouldn't peanut butter frosting be yummy on these cookies.

So how does the frosting actually taste, well, kinda like Reese's pieces, not the cups, the pieces.  That smooth creamy sweet peanut butter.  The oatmeal actually goes very well with the peanut butter.  The raisins did not offend or try to upstage, in fact they dutifully took a backseat and played softly with the rest of the orchestra. 

I considered baking a 6" mini chocolate cake to use the remaining frosting.  However, reality took its toll and all of the cookies required said frosting and there really wasn't enough to justify a cake.  Oh well.  i did however, swipe that delicious goo on Nabisco chocolate wafers, another perfect combination with my new favorite frosting flavor. 

Who knew I was so into sweets?!

No comments: